After graduating with first class honours, I have decided to pursue a career as a UX Engineer at Decibel Insight. I am excited to sit between the intersection of design and engineering and to improve the user experience of a complex enterprise tool. Compared to traditional web analytics, Decibel translates behavioural insights of digital product users into actionable revenue opportunities with the help of session replays, heat maps, form analytics and various qualitative metrics. I am truly fascinated by some of the behavioural data and insights our tool can reveal to both us and our customers.
In my job, I am constantly challenged to transform our users’ needs into delightful interfaces and effective data visualisations within our technical and business constraints. This requires me to work in close collaboration with the engineering and data science teams and to maintain clear communication with internal stakeholders.
- Understanding product specifications and user psychology
- Conducting user testing and interviews
- Writing well-structured reports
- Developing a consistent design system
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, journey flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas that meet the users’ needs
- Designing user-centred data visualisations
- Creating quality mock-ups and prototypes
- Maintaining and improving the product as it grows, adding new functionality in line with the product vision